Ooty is situated in the Nilgiri ie Blue Mountains. Ooty India is an attractive place Ooty is also called the queen of the hills. The right time to visit Ootije, except winter, the weather remains pleasant throughout the year. Ooty is a beautiful city in the state of Tamil Nadu. Ooty is also called Udhagamandalam. The new name for the city of Udhagamandalam is Tamil. Due to its high altitude, the temperature of Ooty does not exceed 25 degrees even in summer. Ooty is situated at an elevation of about 7440 feet from the beach. The dense green mountains, tea plantations and Nilgiri trees are the specialty here.
Every year, a large number of tourists from abroad visit the country. To avoid the beauty of these mountains of Ooty, it has been declared as a reserved forest. This place is a beautiful place for adventure lovers and nature lovers tourists. Ooty, located in the south of India, has very beautiful views.
- Botanical gardens: Spread over an area of 22 hectares, this garden is famous for its ancient flora. You can choose any time other than rain to visit this place. This garden is maintained by the Tamil Nadu horticultural society. The first place to see those who visit here is decorated, and it is also so beautiful that everyone’s heart is charmed. This place is also suitable for photography. But if you want to roam it, do lots of walking exercises and get ready to walk.
- Tea factory: Although there is not much to do here, but still visiting this place gives you a new experience. The scent of tea coming from here also fascinates you. Watching the tea being made and packed by machines here will be a different experience for you and the children. You can also buy tea from here, and green tea made from fresh leaves is also available, whose fragrance is also delightful.
- Doddabetta peak (Dodabetta peak): Its height is about 8650 feet, and it is the highest peak in South India. It is a center of attraction for trekking, as well as good points for photo sessions. When you reach here, you can enjoy beautiful views of the valleys from here.
- Avalanche lake (Avalanche Lake): This lake is situated at a distance of 28 kilometers from Ooty, and this place is nothing less than a paradise. If you wish, you can also enjoy fishing here, this is also the useful equipment available for fishing nearby.
- Rose garden: It is the largest rose garden in India. This garden is situated on the slope of Elk hill at an altitude of 2200 meters from the beach. Here you can see the species of different types of roses, about 20,000 types of roses are present here.
- Ooty lake: The area of this lake is about 65 acres. It is a man-made lake, which was constructed during the British rule. Boat houses are available for visitors here, who enjoy boating to visitors. The boat race in the month of May is also famous here.
- Mudumalai National Park: It is located about 67 km from Ooty, and is famous for the Tiger Reserve. It is also home to many wild animals and birds. Many elephants, sambar, chital, deer tigers can also be easily seen here.
- Stone house: This bungalow built by British Governor John Sullivan in 1822 is the first bungalow in Ooty. Today, it is given as a residence to the Principal of Government Art College located in Ooty.
- Ooty Mountain Railway: This railway located in Ooty was built by the British Government in 1908. Here the train still runs according to the old way by steam engine.
- Stephens church: This church is one of the ancient church of Nilgiris built in the 19th century. Here you can see the ancient art of our country.
- Deer park: Situated in Ooty, this park is one of the major zoos in India. Tourists can see various other species of deer along with many other animals and birds.
Though there are airplane, train and bus options available to go to Ooty but most people prefer to travel to Ooty by road because all the routes to Ooty are quite beautiful and scenic. However you can reach Ooty by any means as per your convenience.