Regarding some interesting and mysterious things related to the Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan, very few people know about it. Taj Mahal which means “the crown of the palace” is a white marble mausoleum situated on the south bank of river Yamuna in Agra city, India. It was built in 1632 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal (who ruled from 1628 to 1658). The mausoleum is spread over an area of 17-hectare (42 acres) complex, which includes a mosque and a guest house, and is set between three side walls (Crenelated wall) in a formal garden.
Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his beloved wife so that they could pay tribute to him. But soon after the completion of the Taj Mahal, Shah Jahan was removed from rule by his son Aurangzeb and was arrested inside the house near the Agra Fort. Shah Jahan, also himself, is trapped in this tomb with his wife. At the end of the 19th century, British Viceroy Lord Curzon’s British Armed Forces and government officials also raided the Taj Mahal’s walls with precious stones and deprived the monument of sacred beauty with valuable stones.
- Taj mahal is a World Heritage Tomb located in the city of Agra, India. According to history, it was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the year 1983.
- This beautiful monument took 22 years to build. The work of making this started in 1632 and ended in 1653.
- It is said that about 22000 laborers were involved in building the Taj Mahal. It is also said that Shah Jahan had done the amputation, or killed, of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal. But full evidence is not available.
- It was built on a small land plateau at the south end of Agra city. According to historians, Shah Jahan gave Maharaja Jai Singh of Jaipur a large palace in the middle of Agra city.
- This Mahal is an excellent specimen of Mughal architecture. Its architectural style is a unique blend of components of Indian, Persian, Ottoman and Islamic architecture.
- There are also variations in the estimated cost of construction of the Taj Mahal, yet the total value is estimated at around Rs. 3 billion 20 crores, which may be more than trillion rupees at present.
- The Taj Mahal was constructed from materials brought from all over India and Asia. Altogether twenty-eight types of precious stones and gems were studded in white marble.
- The center of this monument is the white marble tower on a square foundation base. Which has a huge curved doorway. Four huge towers are located at the four corners of the main base.
- Many buildings and monuments of the world are inspired by the Taj Mahal. It has a replica at the Window of the World theme park located in the western part of the city of Shenzhen, China.
- The complex surrounds the sprawling 300 square meter Charbagh, a Mughal garden. There is a raised path in this garden. This tract divides this Char Bagh into 16 low level beds.
Tourist place in Agra
Travel and tourism in Agra is a natural phenomenon as the entire city is a center of history and culture. After touching the soil of Agra, you will easily feel the atmosphere. The buildings, monuments, allies and people of Broadway and even Agra will tell you where the city is different from and different from other cities in India. Agra reached its heights during the Mughal and Sultan era and Agra today shows all the evidence. However, history and ethnicity alone cannot promote a city as a major tourist destination without proper efforts taken by the government. The Government of India has played a positive catalyst in promoting Agra travel and tourism.
- Taj Mahal
- Agra fort
- Fatehpur sikri Agra
- Jama Masjid
- Moti Masjid Agra